Monday, January 21, 2008



~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1.) Humanure and composting toilets.
I'm reading a book about biomimicry and I got to wondering why we can't use human feces as fertilizer.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2.) I've also been reading Charles Bukowski. It's hard to pick one because this book kind of flows (the book is Slouching Toward Nirvana).


Joe

This is Joe
he said
remember him?
I'm sorry
I said
I don't.

well
when we came to your last party
you were
standing in front of the fireplace
naked
and you said
"wait a minute guys, I don't want you to see my
string."

I still don't remember Joe
I said.

Joe was also there
he said
when the 3 college professors came by and
you called them
3 walking sacks of
shit.

I don't remember the 3 professors
I said.

Joe
he said
was nervous because he was carrying a
needle and he didn't know the
people.

oh
I said
I see.

but Joe said he never had such a good time before.

well
I said
I see you guys brought something to
drink.

they put it
on the coffee table and I went into the
kitchen to get some
glasses. I opened the bottle and poured it
around. Benny sat on the
sofa and Joe pulled a chair
up
to the coffee table and lit a
cigarette. I noted
that he was fat, somewhat
kindly,
had on a gold wedding ring and new black
shoes. I'd probably remember him next time but
there was a good chance I
wouldn't. (with most guys if
they don't punch you in the mouth or try to
steal your woman
there isn't much to remember.)

well, Joe
I asked
how you doing?

I'm doing o.k.
he said.

how are the women treating you?
I asked.

I've got no
complaints
he said.

what are you doing for a
buck?
I asked.

oh, I got a few projects going
he said.

Joe lifted his drink and puffed on his
cigarette.

I lifted my drink and thought about
lighting a cigarette.

Benny lifted his drink
sipped
sat it down and lit a
cigarette.

well
Benny asked
how you doing?

my skin's too greasy
I have nightmares
and sometimes I think
that the substance is in the
terror.

Joe & Benny
amused
leaned forward

it was going to be a wonderful night
for me
that no Alka-Setzer would cure for
them.




No comments: