Wednesday, February 8, 2012



The video has a constant drop out of the sound every few seconds; unfortunately, this is the best I could find. Bob Dylan accepting the Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award from Jack Nicholson. I post this mainly for his acceptance speech near the end of the video.

"Well," he said, "my daddy, he didn't leave me much, you know he was a very simple man,
but what he did tell me was this, he did say, son, he said"
- there was a long pause, nervous laughter from the crowd -
"he say, you know it's possible to become so defiled in this world
that your own father and mother will abandon you and if that happens,
God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways."

Then he walked off. He had managed to get in and out without thanking anybody,
and this night it really did seem as if he owed nobody anything.


from Bob Dylan's Grammy speech 1991.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Come Healing, by Leonard Cohen, from Old Ideas (2012)




No comments: